Classic Big Five
It is the ultimate African adventure, the quest for the "Big Five". And it is forever connected with side-by-side rifles, a classic configuration which bespeaks superb handling and ultimate reliability. Krieghoff has the rifle to meet the challenge: The CLASSIC "Big Five". It was designed in conjunction with professional hunters and safari experts specifically for hunting dangerous game. Calibers available range from .375 Flanged Magnum to .500 Nitro Express - the most effective on dangerous game and the choice of professional hunters.
Specifications for the CLASSIC "Big Five" Calibers (same in both barrels):
.375 H&H Flanged Mag N.E., .375 H&H Mag, .450/.400NE, .500/.416 N.E. (3 1/4"),
.470 N.E., .500 N.E. 3".
Length 23.5" (60cm). Express style quarter rib.
Standard is a shallow V-shaped rear sight with a pearl front sight for instinctive quick target acquisition.
Other, optional sights are available on request.
Regulated at the factory with commercially available ammunition over open sights at 55 yds (50m) holding a two inch group or better.
Factory target provided with data about the ammunition used for regulating.
Steel actions with reinforced walls for extra strength.
Manual cocking device with combi-cocking feature.
Standard engraving on US models is "Small Arabesques".
Optional sideplates and optional engravings available.
Double triggers featuring Krieghoff's universal-trigger-system.
Classic "Big Five" stock from European walnut with comfortable grip and straight comb specially designed for big bore ammunition.
Length of Pull: 14 3/4" (37.5 cm), including a half inch "Old English" style decelerator recoil pad.
Functional and comfortable Schnabel style forearm
Approx. 9.5 - 10.5 lbs (4.2 - 4.8 kg) depending on caliber and without BreaKO recoil reducer.
Krieghoff Intl delivers all Classic rifles in a soft canvas break-down case. An optional fitted Krieghoff aluminum hardcase is available.
Standard and Optional Features
Standard Features for the CLASSIC "Big Five" rifle - Manual Cocking Device on the top tang - the ultimate safety
- Universal Trigger System with anti-doubling device
- Short opening angle for fast, easy loading
- Quiet, efficient shell extractors
- Slim, compact action with reinforced sidewalls for extra strength
- Sliding, self-adjusting wedge for secure bolting
- Broad, massive underlugs to withstand wear
- Hinged front trigger for finger protection on heavy recoil
- Virtually horizontal firing pin placement for fast lock-time
- V-shaped rear sight with pearl front sight
- Pretty straight "Big Five" stock and Schnabel style forearm
Optional Features for the CLASSIC "Big Five" rifle
- Additional, interchangeable rifle barrels in standard or big bore calibers,
or even a 20 gauge shotgun barrel for an odd day of bird shooting in the veld.
- Selectable Ejectors
- Optional sideplates and engravings using Krieghoff patterns or your own.
- Folding express sights. Krieghoff See-Through sight
- Wood upgrades, left-handed stocks
- Pistol grip caps engraved with game scenes or your initials
- BreaKO recoil reducer (14 oz) installed in buttstock
- Gold shield with your initials inletted in stock
- Custom fitted hardcases by Americase